Since XXXX, individuals interested in the history of Dale Borough have been meeting, in various locations, to research, record, compile and share the history of the Borough. Well attended monthly meetings and special events were held until we had to cease getting together because of the covid pandemic.
We plan to resume our meetings and other activities on July 20, 2021 with a community get together beginning at 6:00PM at the Dale Fire Hall.
Our Facebook Page “Dale Borough History, Facts and Memories” has at least XX members who follow, view and contribute stories and pictures pertaining to Dale Borough.
Other projects which have been launched and are works in progress are:
- Charter Membership drive and yearly enrollment of new Society members
- Continued development of our Website page including more areas of research
- Access to “Members Only” special sections of our web page by password
- Surveys of former and present Dale residents
- Oral/video histories of former and present Dale residents
- Collecting artifacts and mementoes pertaining to Dale Borough
- Revisiting Study of Historical Homes in Borough
- Photos of present homes and buildings by Brian Ensley
- Seeking Historical Designation of buildings in the Borough
- Various avenues of research about past businesses, residents, governments and events
- Organization of the stories of Dale Borough Life
- Applying for 501c3 status of the organization
- Publishing a Newsletter for our Society members
We are pleased to be a part of the Cambria Memory Project affiliated with the Pennsylvania Highlands Community College.